Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 13, 2013

Celebrating YOU Today



I created this card for a friend to give to his wife for Mother's Day.  She loves brown pelicans and likes to photograph them.  The only image that came to mind was Magnolia's Pelican from their Bon Voyage Collection.  He also wanted it to not be too girly and have a nautical theme.  I started with MoJo Monday #291 sketch and cut Fishtail Flags with designer papers from Fancy Pants Down by the Shore.  I love love LOVE this paper!!  The card base is Kraft cardstock and layered with Vintage Cream.  I embossed another layer of Kraft cardstock with an Ossie Dots embossing folder.  I machine stitched all of the layers.  Then using MFT Circle Stax die-manics I created a "porthole" and added matte finished silver brads for the rivets.   A layer of pop dots was added between the outer and inner circles for depth and dimension.  I added Red Poppy Saddle stitched ribbon from PTI and tied a bow using my Bow Easy.  The pelican was fussy cut and also popped up with foam tape and placed atop a wooden post.


Copics Used:
C5, C3, C2, C00, E71, BV25, BV23

Here's the photo my friend provided that his wife recently took to give me reference.





















Thanks for stopping by today!!

6 comments:

Blossom Cards said...

love your card happy crafting to you
Rachel

scrapn_momof2 said...

How gorgeous. As always your card is perfect!

Crafty Math Chick said...

THIS - IS - AWESOME!
~ Meredith

Mary J said...

What a fab card, Wendy! and gorgeous colouring as usual!

Mary J said...

What a fab card, Wendy! and gorgeous colouring as usual!

NWFlamingo said...

I was doing the blog hop and saw this card below. I love pelicans! Using the porthole is such a great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...