Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 27, 2012

Do Great Things


WOW!!  I can hardly believe that it's been two weeks since my last blog post.

My husband surprised the kids and I with a little impromptu vacation the week before school started.  We all had such a great time and it was just what I needed...a blogging/crafting break for some much needed family time. 


My "baby", Nathan started Kindergarten last week and he's been so excited about taking his lunch each day.  I've made a goal for myself to tuck a little lunch box note card in his lunchbox every Monday.  My plan is to have each 3" x 3 1/2" card to maintain a simple and yet similar design.  I can't go getting too elaborate knowing the little notes will most likely end up in the trashcan.  ;)  

 This week, I used our There She Goes challenge sketch along with the newly released TSG stamp set, Enjoy Life - By the Sea.  I think the sentiment is so uplifting and makes the perfect note of encouragement!  I started with a base of Bazzill's Rock Candy cardstock and then accented with Jawbreaker and Robin's Egg cardstock.  The notebook page was created using stamps and a die from Papertrey Ink.  Some Gray Mist vintage seam binding was tied into a knot and the sentiment panel was popped up with foam tape.
Need more inspiration to help you get started?  Then stop by the TSG Blog to see the amazing samples that the other Trendsetters have created this week and then play along with us!




Thanks for stopping by today!!

6 comments:

Christina said...

That is a stunning card Wendy!!
Hugs Kristel

Anonymous said...

Great, that you r back
Albania

Anita said...

Cute little card Wendy and I'm sure your son will love your special little notes ;)

Tracy Valure said...

2 weeks is far too long without having Wendy projects....Just sayin!!

Glad you guys had fun though....but don't do it again!!

Cute little note card, I'm sure he will love getting those from Mommy....

Kelly Schelske said...

It's beautiful Wendy!

Rose said...

WOW! your coloring is awesome and i am sure your boy will love finding this in his box :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...