Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, April 28, 2012

You're Smokin'


Morning Peeps!!  
Today I'll be teaching Copic coloring classes at the My Favorite Things Boutique and to celebrate I thought I'd show you one of the images that we will be coloring!!  My mom and step-dad both work for the Fire department so this Pure Innocence Firefighter Boy is near and dear to my heart!!  

I used some of my favorite My Mind's Eye (Sunshine) papers, I just LOVE that golden yellow and black! I used a Fancy Flourish Die-namic along with the new Circle Stax Dia-namics 1 & 2.  Oh Em Gee!!  You NEED these dies!!  The sizes are made to mat PERFECTLY!!  I don't know about you, but I was having to hand cut my mats using Spellbinder circle dies and spent frustrating amounts of time trying to get it right.  These are designed to give you a .25 inch difference between each die.  
Can you say, LOVE?!?!   :)

As many of you know the Sweet Stop Sketch has been celebrating our birthday all month long by using some of our favorite sketches from the past 3 years and I've chosen this sketch (flipped).


I hope you will find some time to check out the sketches used by the other Sugar Babies this week and then play along with us.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

10 comments:

Mary J said...

A great card, Wendy! Love the papers with him!

Cathymac said...

This image is just adorable, Wendy! I agree...love the rich, warm color combination...anything looks good with black IMHO! That sentiment couldn't be more perfect! Have a fabulous weekend!

Holly saveur said...

So sweet ..love the coloring!

Sandy said...

I think you are the one that is smokin' Miss Wendy. Very cute card and I love the papers you have used!!
Sandy

June Nelson said...

Wendy this is brilliant Ilove it and I love how you have used the news paper type paper its just brilliant me darlin xxxxx

Chris said...

I forgot to hand in a class review on Saturday so I wanted you to know that I think the class was great and I learned a lot.
My fireman doesn't look any where near as good as yours but I will be practicing.
thanks for sharing your talent.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling card Wendy. Sweet image and great colors! The text background looks great. Also love the black flourish!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness this is FABULOUS!! 8-) What a Darling image and your coloring is Over the top Gorgeous Lady! Love the MME Sunshine dp's with the Black too! Really Loving this one as My DH is an LA County Firefighter, small world, huh? ... 8-)

Hope you have a Super week!

Big Hugs
Shannon

Janice M said...

Oh what a little cutie!! Love the flourish you added.

Chrissy D said...

This is so CUTE! Love the sentiment! Adorable card - hope you are having a great week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...