When I saw that this weeks Copic Creations challenge was coloring Pastels, I immediately started to freak out. If you've followed my blog for even a short period of time, then you know that I DON'T do pastels...especially when it comes to coloring. I guess you could say pastels are my Copic Kryptonite. ROTFL!! But I DID IT!! :) Well, as close as I will ever get to pastels anyway. I still had to go and add lots of dark shadows but I think I successfully completed the challenge and I'm so proud of myself.
Our sponsor this week is Sparkle Creations who generously provided Shopping Emily for me to create with and I have to tell you that I truly enjoyed every second of coloring her!!
To balance all the frilly and softness of the card, I thought it would be fun to give the pink background a "harder" edge by embossing it with a brick wall folder. I paper pieced a few of her bags, added a green rhinestone to the clear acrylic flower brad, a little bit of lace, a few dots of white paint on her headband to mimic the ribbon and it's done!! I love this card!! :) :)
I hope you will take a few moments to check out the dazzling pastel designs by my Copic Creation DT teammies.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I'm still on a bit of a blogging hiatus (until August) and I've really been enjoying my summer with the kids. For those of you interested I thought I'd share a little of what we've been up to. :)
* Last week I took the kids to the coast to watch the last Shuttle launch (one word...AMAZING!!)
* We had a fabulous July 4th at the St. Augustine Fort (a tradition we look forward to every year)
* Went to the Daytona 400 Nascar race (Compliments of Nana & Grandpa - Thanks Mom!!)
* Playing in the pool
* Going to the movies
* Visiting with family
I've also been teaching Nathan (4 years old) and Brooke (3 years old) "life skills" and giving them a "badge" that they stick on their bedroom door for every skill they master. So far they have earned badges for:
* Knowing their address
* Knowing Mommy's cell phone number
* Knowing their birthday's
* Knowing Mommy & Daddy's full name
* Learning how to making a bed
* Learning how to fold towels and blankets
* What to do if they are ever lost
* Learning to whistle - that one was Nathan's idea!! LOL
* Learning how to hang their clothes
Here's a little slideshow of some of the summer fun so far :)
(Email subscribers...You'll need to come directly to my blog in order to view the photos)
As always, thanks so much for stopping by!