Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monster Jam Birthday

I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to everyone for the sweet comments and congratulations on my being published.  Your comments mean the world to me and I cannot tell you enough just how happy they make me!!  :)  You guys are the BESTEST!!! :)


Like most boys my son LOVES fast cars, and big loud trucks.  And as soon as his party was over last year (Disney's Cars) he immediately put in his request for a Monster Truck party for his next birthday.  

Since I have made the children's birthday party invitations since they were born, I started searching for ideas for Monster trucks.  There's not much out there and what is...I didn't like.  :(  I did however find this super cute image that was actually just a coloring book page online.  So I just used it like you would any digital image; resized it, printed it out and colored it with my Copics.   


It took a heck of a lot longer than I had expected to color, so with over 15 invitations to make I just gave up!!  LOL  So I decided to buy (shhhh, don't tell the card making police) pre-made invitations and use this as his birthday card instead.

This card is loaded with texture!!  I used my paper crimper for the very first time in 8 years!!  Don't know what took me so long, 'cause it's actually pretty cool!!  The front panel is popped up with foam tape. The back blue panel is embossed with the Cuttlebug, Diamond plate.  The border punch is Martha Stewarts, Zig Zag and braided jute wrapped around for even more texture.  If I could have found some sand I would have put that on the dirt too!!


Challenges:
Craft Us Crazy Anything Goes

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

 I can't believe my little son is four....he was JUST born!!!  But four years old he is.  :(   
He wanted two things for his birthday...a bike and a hamster.  Well my husband has a strict NO pet policy so I though convincing him to get Nathan a hamster was going to prove to be impossible.  But he surprised me and said YES!!  (He said he knew that the fish were gateway pets!  ROFL!!!)    Somehow my sister decided to sneak in a almost life size red Dragon that growls and walks on it's own as a gift too!!!  LOL  The whole family also went to Monster Jam later that night after the party and we all had a blast!!


 Here's a few photo's from Nathan's Birthday Party!!
(You can click on the slideshow to view it larger)



Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Wendy

Supplies:

*  Image: Online coloring book Link HERE
*  Paper: Basic Grey (Max & Whiskers)
*  Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Diamond Plate)
*  Misc: Paper Crimper
*  Misc: Foam Dots
*  Copics

21 comments:

Crystal said...

Wendy girl HOW FUN IS THIS!!! Absolutely AWESOME creation, HOW FUN!!!!

Debbi said...

I love this card! Great job!! And, don't feel bad about buying (*gasp*) the invitations, LOL.
*smiles*
debbi

Anonymous said...

Oh what a really cute image!! I love your coloring and such the perfect card for a little boy...or big boy too!! LOL!! TFS! HUGS

Brandie said...

Well it's been awhile since I have stopped by on your blog but just want to say I love all your newest creations!! They always make me want to go home and make cards. Hope Nathan loved all his gifts we enjoyed spending the day with him. Also just want to take a minute to tell you how proud we are of you for being published!!! Your designs ROCK!! Love you

P.S. Uncle John wanted to buy him an entire herd of hamsters so at least I was able to stop that LOL!!

~Jeri~ said...

Ok first let me say the card is toooo cute!! I'm sure Nathan was thrilled with it! I swear your coloring gets more stunning with every card you make!! However, I too, couldn't imagine making 15 of those lol so I won't tell the card police haha

Second...WOOOOHOOOO Monster Trucks!!! A family after my own heart!! Tell Nathan that the Grave Digger is my absolute favorite too!!! Big Foot used to be my fave but the Grave Digger stole my heart lol And I LOVE Hamsters, rats, mice, any type of rodent, so another high five to Nathan!! Looks like he had an awesome birthday!!! Loved looking at the pictures!!!

also, Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and we hope you'll join us again!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

OMGOsh..........what a cool card! Love the colors & your coloring is amazing! I'm sure it was a HUGE hit with your son.
Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Looks like everyone had a great time.
And thanks so much for joining us at the new Craft Us Crazy challenge blog.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Christine said...

What an awesome card, I bet he LOVED it! His party looks like so much fun, too!

Tracy Valure said...

Great card!! So cute...I can't believe you attempted to make more than one! Smart girl ordering them. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. Btw, your house is gorgeous!! I redid my kitchen and have YET to do the backsplash because I haven't seen what I wanted. I like yours..I may copy! haha Are you surprised! LOL

Christina said...

Wowww this is really a cool card Wendy! So gorgeous!
Hugs Kristel

MaryB said...

How totally awesome is this card. Perfect for the little guy who will grow up to drive these trucks. Great job.

Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy. I hope to see back often.

Paula (PEP) said...

Thanks so much for the photos & sharing the special day. Absolutely amazing party & it looks like you all had a lovley time. Thew ay you've coloured those truck wheels is unbelievable. I'm glad you didn't make 15 for there's so much detail, I think you took the ONLY sensible option.
Your little girl is a real stunner & your family photo is just lovely.
Much love Paula (PEP)
PS -We're fine.

Serome said...

Well I have to say you always seems to have great creation and design. I love your card. And congratulation on being publish, I am truly happy for you you deserves it.

Anita said...

Wow, Wendy, what an amazing card. Your coloring always amazes me lol! All the embossing is fantastic and this just screams "little boy card" for sure! I'm sure your son loved it and I hope he had a fantastic birthday.

Kerri said...

Oh my goodness, I love that card and the party looks like a blast! Both of my kids love Monster Mutt and I do too! How can you resist those ears and the tongue going in and out LOL!

Faye said...

You are such a cooool mummy! Your monster truck is ace, in fact I hope Sweet Cheeks doesn't see it...!
xxx

Denise Marzec said...

Ahhhhhhh, THERE'S that fun monster truck card!! You know I LOVE this one. You colored it so beautifully.

AWESOME birthday pics. Looks like he had LOTS of fun. :)

scrapn_momof2 said...

You have such a adorable little man Wendy!! He is a cutie. I love love love this card. Your coloring is superb!! Cute b-day theme. Looks like it was so much fun. Thank you for joining us over at Craft Us Crazy.

Alica said...

Absolutely perfect for a boy birthday! Love it!

Kate said...

What a fantastic card!! I certainly don't blame you for not making 15 of them. I'm so glad you could find this image too. It's perfect for a 4-year old! It looks like you had such a fun day. I'm jealous of all the green and colour outside though!
Happy birthday Nathan!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a great image for a 4 year old!! Perfect coloring and design Wendy!! Too cute!

Reedctpe said...

Many brokers who offer a forex managed account have experienced traders who have demonstrated a successful track record in trading the currency market. However that is true only if you know you can stay in the house for years and years. Use Forex Experts: If you happen to know forex experts that are making money trading forex and can trade on your behalf consult them. Since it's straightforward to work with and it automates other duties, it saves numerous time. * If the stock might rise to $55, your possible profit is 10%. Finally, make sure you know the laws that apply to you and to forex brokers. MayBank Gold Investment Account. MayBank Gold Investment Account Tuesday, October 11, 2012. Langkah 1. Comparison Between Maybank and Public Bank Gold Investment. Online Gold Trading via PBeBank.com http://www.pbebank.com/en/en_content/personal/investments/gold.html. But Maybank2u: Easy access to account details and transaction history.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...