Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Today is my husband AND my dad's birthday!!  

Today my husband will be treated to breakfast in bed,  a Carrot Cake (his favorite) that I made from scratch and a gift I've managed to keep a secret that I think he will love!!  And to top it all off....I have a babysitter lined up for later tonight so we can go out for dinner and drinks downtown.  I'm so excited, you'd think it was MY birthday!!!  hee hee  :)

I think most of us have a tough time with making cards for the men in our lives, I know I do.  Little boys...no problem I have lots, but I don't have enough images for a grown man.  I went through my entire stamp & digi collection and didn't find anything that I could use.  Since I was pressed for time, I started doing a little digital image shopping.  That's how I found Di's Digi Downloads.  Her images are adorable and lots that are perfect "guy" images.  The one I've used here is called, Catching Zzzzz's.  The minute I saw this I knew it would make a great card for the kids to give to their daddy today.  

And since it's Saturday that also means it's another awesome sketch challenge at The Sweet Shop.



This card was so much fun to make.  I got to play with lots of my new stuff like the yummy DP from My Mind's Eye and the Stampin' Up border punch.  Once again, I used a cloud die for the sentiment, which is computer generated.  The tree tops were printed out a second time, colored, cut out, offset and popped up on foam tape for dimension.  

I actually have a picture somewhere of Nathan & Brooke sleeping with their Daddy in a hammock just like this.  :)

Challenges:
Totally Gorjuss = #64 Hot Hot Hot
All Sorts = #87 Male/Boy Card
Stamp Scrap Doodle = Anything Goes
Stampin for the Weekend = #2 Getting Warmed Up
PaperCutz = #75 Your Choice
Stamp Something = Cute Somethings
Cute Card Thursday = #148 123 Recipe (1 ribbon, 2 DP, 3 Pearls)
Digital Tuesday = #94 Tropical
PaperTake Weekly = Ribbons & Pearls
Cards for Men = #2 Let's Party
Copic Creations = #42 What's New (New image & border punch)


Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Wendy

Supplies:
* My Mind's Eye (Fine & Dandy)
* Stampin' Up border punch (Scallop Trim)
* Ribbon (Unknown)
* My Favorite Things - Die-namics (Clouds)
   Trees: E49, E57, E99, YR31, E34, YG99, YG95, YG25, YG21
   Watering Can: C7, C5, C3, C1
   Rope: E43, E42, E41
   Hammock: YR24, YR23, Y15, Y11
   Bears: E35, E31, E50, E30, E53, E50, R00
   Shirt/Snail: BG15, BG23, BG11

35 comments:

Christine said...

Aww, this is so sweet, Wendy!! That image is so adorable and beautifully coloured! Your hubby is going to love this. Happy birthday to both your hubby and your dad, hope you have a fun day and evening out!

dolcreations said...

This is sooo adorable.When I saw this card,I thought it was so perfect with the trees cut they way you have and the clouds are so superb! Absolutely beautiful colouring!LOVE it!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my WORD, when I saw you upload this card, I was so excited! Just LOOK at that AMAZING coloring!! Awesome card, Wendy!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness, Wendy! This is sooooo stinkin' cute! LOVE how you've coloured this image! It's perfect!!!
Happy birthday to your husband and dad!! Enjoy your fun filled day!

Tracy Valure said...

Omg! This is soooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!! The way you did the palms is just awesome....love it!! Have fun out on the town tonight....I'm going out too! :-) Rum Runners are on the horizon for me. (this place we are going to makes the best!) Normally it would be a Vodka and Cran for me! haha

Anonymous said...

Wendy, this is so very precious sweetie!! LOVE the coloring detail and happy birthday to the men in your life!!HUGS

Alica said...

Fabulous Wendy! The image is sooo pretty and you colored it wonderfully! Have a fun day.
PS. If you'll have some carrot cake leftovers you can send them here, it's my favorite too ;)

pink lady said...

What a great card, I bet your hubby will love it. I love the image and the trees look fab...gorgeous details too. Enjoy your evening...hugs Shelly x

Merlie said...

Beautiful card, Wendy! Your colouring is just amazing....I've discovered D's Digis a while back and just love them.

Karina said...

This card is so sweet and am sure your husband will just love it. Wish him and your dad a happy birthday!
Hugs, Karina

Nana said...

So, so very cute! Love the bright colors :)

Donnas Den said...

This is a wonderful card for a man. I have a few Di's Digis myself but I haven't used them yet. Oh the shame!

Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x

Chris said...

very cute! and perfect for the warming up challenge, thanks for playing with us at SFTW

Paula (PEP) said...

I love your clouds imagery & the idea of offsetting the treetops is so effective. Grown men seem to tick differently! this is a lovely card for your children too - so apt. Hope you have/had a lovely dinner & evening.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

What a great card! I LOVE the way the trees extend from the frame. That looks SO sharp!!
Happy birthday to your husband and dad! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful night out!

Kerri said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby and your dad! I hope you had a wonderful day/night! This is so adorable, and I just love the dimension of the trees and the cloud sentiments. Gorgeous coloring and such a sweet image/scene:)

Shelby Goolsby said...

Wendy this is so cute!! I just about fell over when I saw this. Your coloring is beautiful and I love the popped up trees. I have to get this image now:)Have a great time.

Agnieszka M said...

wow, Wendy, your male card is amazing! I love image and your colours!
Thank you very much for joining us at Creative Card Crew this week and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Kat said...

This is lovely, hope your hubby loved it and that he had a super birthday. That image is really cute and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Crystal said...

This is so adorable! Love your colouring & how you cut out the cloud for the sentiment! Happy B-day to your hubby hope you had a fun night out!

scrapn_momof2 said...

Oh Wendy this has to be the sweetest card ever!! Your coloring as always is nothing short of amazing. Very cute!

~Jeri~ said...

Adorable image and awesome work Wendy!! Happy belated to your husband and father. This was a busy day for bdays..it was my sisters bday also lol Now I have my Mother in law and sister in law this week, cards done and done..phew!
Hope you and your husband had a great time this weekend!!

Shelby Goolsby said...

I some how hit a wrong button and fell off of your followers list but I am back on now.I didn't want you to think I didn't love you:)

Anneke said...

ooh wow, what a beautiful card!!
And the digi is so cute :) The color work is really amazing!
Thanks for joining us at digital tuesday!!
Hugs Anneke

Lori said...

WOW Wendy, this card is so sweet!!!

craftymum said...

A great "hot" card. Thanks for us at TG this week
hugs Sarah x

Mary J said...

If only it was that hot enough to sit outside! Brilliant card!

Thx for sharing at Totally Gorjuss!!

Mary J xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Wendy I am just loving this card perfect image and colours for a lovely warm tropical day thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anita said...

Wendy, this is absolutely adorable. That image is so cute and your coloring beautiful, as always. I love how you've popped up the tree ... it looks amazing. I'm sure your hubby loved it. Hope you had a lovely evening out :)

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG!!! I totally love this!! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again next week!
hugs, Sharon

scotspanda said...

awww what an adorable card, the image is lovely and your colouring is just stunning!!

thanks so much for entering my male inspired challenge at Allsorts this week. Good luck in the prize draw

hugs

Amanda xx

Korin said...

This is such a precious card, Wendy. As always, your coloring rocks :)!

Unknown said...

Super cute card! :)

Lisa said...

Hey Wendy-this is so cute! I love the image and you've colored it to perfection! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!

Danderella said...

This card is adorable. I like that you popped up the trees and the fun cloud background you made. And, I agree..."man" images are very hard to find.

Danielle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...