Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Birthday Wishes


It's the beginning of what I call "Birthday Season" in our family and I'm already a little behind.  In January alone is my Husbands, Sons, Father's and Step-Father's birthday.  All male cards!!

This adorable little trio is one of the first stamps I ever bought, but sadly never found the time to use. (That's another of my New Year's Resolutions...use my neglected stamps)  It's a Whipper Snapper Designs image called Dog, Cat & Mouse.  The coloring went rather fast on this one which surprised me for it being such a large image.

Of course with it being a large and tall image it was perfect for this weeks Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.  I hope you will find the time to play along with us this week and use this fabulous sketch.   


As always, here's a close up


Dog: E25, E35, E31, E30, R00
Cat: YR24, Y23, Y21, E50, E41, R02
Mouse: W7, W5, W3, W1, RV34, R00
Flower: BG72, YG23, YG95
Outline/Shadow: C5, C3, C1, BG0000

Challenges:
Craft Your Days Away = #11 Anything Goes
Stampin For the Weekend = #1 New & Blue (New slot punch)
Cute Card Thursday = #146 Out With the Old (Old Image)
Dutch Dare = #94 New Beginnings (New Stash - Embossing Folder)
Charismacards = #1 Birthday's & Celebrations
Stampin Royalty = #53 Birthday Theme
Papertake Weekly = Anything Goes
CES Challenges = #18 All Creatures Great & Small


Thanks so much for stopping by today!!
Wendy
Recipe:
Stamp: Whipper Snapper Designs (Dog, Cat & Mouse)
Paper: Basic Grey (Max & Whiskers)
Ticket: Tim Holtz
Ribbon: American Crafts
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Argyle)
Punch: EK Success (Notebook Edge)
Accessories: Pop Dots





30 comments:

LindaC said...

Wendy, this card is adorable! I love all these cute animals. Jan. and Feb. are full of birthdays for us also...friends and family. This is a great male birthday card! Too cute! Linda C

Christine said...

That's exactly what I was going to say, this card is adorable!! :) Beautifully coloured as always, too. Our crazy month here is May, I should start saving now LOL

martina's kaartjes said...

wow, what a fantastic coloring you did here ! great job,
greetings, martina
x

~Jeri~ said...

WOW! Ya leave me shaking my head Wendy! Your coloring is always amazing! Beautiful work and I LOVE this image lol As a rodent friendly home, I LOVE the little mouse lol Your family sounds like mine; this time of the year is crazy busy with birthdays.

Annika said...

Luckily our birthday season is in August/September, so a while to go yet...phew. Your colouring on that fun image has such a depth to it. Love the sketch too - must try it out!!
Sorry I've been out of loop for so long, it's been more a hospital than a house here for almost a month!
Hugs
Annika

Denise Marzec said...

Okay, seriously, girlie...your coloring amazes me! You have some serious talent!!! Love the image you chose, too...so sweet!

Faye said...

Oh Wendy, this is delightful, I love the image and paper combo, fabby. Have a lovely weekend. xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Even before I'd read your post I thought how suitable for a male card. Love the colouring here too & those papers & the whole colour comibination is amazing. The dog & cat are wishing the mouse would stop jumping around & the cat looks so precarious - this is a hoot of a card & there isn't even an owl on it.........ooops got carried away.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Dawn Easton said...

This would have taken me forever to colour yet you said it went quickly! Lucky girl! Love your colouring/shading! It's awesome and this card is ADORABLE!

dolcreations said...

Wendy..I always struggled with male cards, but YOUR card is ADORABLE! I just love the way you have coloured your image! Just perfect!

scrapn_momof2 said...

ADORABLE!! As always, beautifully colored!!

Unknown said...

A wonderful card and superb colouring Wendy.

Thank you for joining us over at CYDA for our 'Anything Goes' challenge.

Hugs

Joanne x

Berni said...

Such a lovely card, your colouring is fab!

Thanks for joining us over at SFTW

Hugs
Berni x

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, your coloring is so very gorgeous hun! I love your details!! What a sweet image and darling layout!!HUGS

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card! Your coloring is amazing!!

Anita said...

This card is so stinkin' cute! Your coloring is beautiful (of course) and I really like your layout.

Emma said...

Such an adorable card, the image is gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Doreen said...

A fabulous card Wendy, superb colouring.Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA.xxx

Georgeann Manning said...

as I pick my jaw up off the floor here, let me just say....perfect. amazing. thanks for playing this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

Kerri said...

Oh my goodness, another ADORABLE card!!! EEK I just love WSD images too, and your coloring is amazing yet again!

Kate said...

I LOVE this image. LOVE it!! I can't believe that you would wait to use it. If I could colour like you, this would be a first pick image for me. Your card has turned out wonderfully!

Shelby Goolsby said...

Wendy this is just way too cute!! You did a great job shading and I love the edge punch. You are so very talented.

Lori said...

WOW Wendy!! Absolutley fantastic!! I don't think I've ever seen this image before!
Good luck with all the male cards!!

kelly said...

This is such a great card,love this image.Thanks for joining us at DDCC

LilyPuss Cards said...

Truly lovely..thank you for joining us at SFTW..
Hugs
Jan..x

Kimberly said...

Just beautiful.....love love your coloring and the image is adorable.. Thanks for sharing. How do you take your pictures of your cards i'm very new to blogging and can't seem to get the best photo. I tried scanning which isn't too bad but some colors fad away. Any help for this newbie would be great. kim www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

Leah l'Orange said...

absolutely gorgeous card! your colouring is outstanding! have you bookmarked! :D

thanks for joining the Charisma Gals this week! xo

Kate's Makes said...

Your colouring is out of this world fantastic!! A stunning card and i love that paper too! :o) Thanks for taking part in the SFTW challenge and good luck! Kate x

Milliesmarvels said...

Your colouring is stunning!
Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge!
Jane
x

Julie said...

Oh this is fab, such a lovely image and perfectly coloured! Thanks for joining us this week at CES challenges! Juliexx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...