Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Gift Card Holder


This is NOT the project I had planned; I actually sat down to make a gift tag or a mini note card.   But I came across this half made gift card holder I had started last year and decided to finish it.  It's a super cute gift card holder but I just thought it lacked something.  So in an effort to dress it up, I decided to use Mini Christmas Tree from Your Next Stamp's November release and created a mini tag/charm for it. Since it is hanging from string and not glued down you could flip it over to write the recipients name on the back too.   Oh and for those of you wondering....the template I used is from Papertrey Ink's Timeless Templates by Lauren Meader (Cash or Charge).  Here you can see it open.



You do not even want to know how long it took me to finish this project!!!   LOL
Sadly, my mojo has left me :(  I'm certain it ran away after I made my huge list of Christmas Things To Do.  Hopefully after knocking some of those things off my list this weekend it will return.   Keep your fingers crossed.  :)  


Thanks for stopping by!
Wendy
Recipe:
Stamp: Your Next Stamp - Mini Fhiona's Christmas Tree
Gift Card Holder Template: Papertrey Ink Timeless Templates (Cash or Charge)
Paper: Papertrey Ink (Ripe Avacado)
DP: Papertrey Ink (Vintage Holiday)
Sentiment: Papertrey Ink (Mixed Messages)
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink (Ripe Avacado - Saddle Stitched)
Stickles: Gold
Copics Used: G99, YG95, YG11

23 comments:

scrapn_momof2 said...

Wendy, obviously your mojo has not left you.....this is just gorgeous!! If this is mojo going MIA then sign me up. ;)

~Jeri~ said...

I think this is cute Wendy! Especially for a male, or for those that love the simple and clean look, like myself. The little tree is adorable and great idea to make it into a charm. Quit being so hard on yourself!!!

Tracy Valure said...

Very Cute!! I totally get the mojo thing. I have so much on my plate right now....mine still is wearing a Halloween costume! Luckily I am done christmas shopping....but I still have other things to do!
Have a great weekend,
Tracy

Shelby Goolsby said...

Very cute, the tree was the perfect touch!! Your projects are always amazing. I am having a mojo problem myself and I have a lot of projects due next week,uugh. I feel like picking up after kids is all I do and it is never done. Hugs, Shelby

Isha Gupta said...

Love it Wendy.

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, SUPER cute! I love that the tree can spin and you can write on the back. I just picked up a couple gift cards for Christmas gifts...so I need to get crackin' on making gift card holders, too!

...cuz, I don't know, doesn't feel right to NOT paper craft a gift card, lol!

Danderella said...

Great project, even if you didn't mean to do it! LOL! The little tree on the tag is a great idea...it's the whole gift in one little package. Very nice.

Danielle

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Wendy,

This is gorgeous! I love the colors you used and that ribbon is lovely and the cute tree - I like it a lot!

Hugs, Wendy

Tanya said...

This is fabulous for missing your mojo. but I know what you are talking about mine is MIA too :( Anyway love this GC holder, I am always looking for new ways to make some.

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the greens & trees belong to my list of favourite images - Christmas trees & snowflakes I seem to collect somehow! Love the way this matches the green of your blog design & the pink bits too but it was the green that caught my eye.
Paula (PEP)
Take care - this is just an odd time of year for getting things done.

Just A Pac Rat said...

This is wonderful and anyone will love to receive it.
Thanks for sharing the idea with us.

http://circlebenterprises.blogspot.com/

Shelley said...

This is wonderful, I love it! Yes, I would believe how long it took you. Sometimes it takes me a week or more to finish a project, then I have to clean up after myself . . . sigh.

Anita said...

Very cute gift card holder. I love that little Christms tree tag...so cute! I hope your mojo returns soon Wendy :)

Kate said...

As I love all things green, I really like this gift card holder - and LOVE that ribbon!! I really like the way you've added two sets of holes top and bottom for the ribbon as well.
My list is very long too - and it can be quite daunting. Just take one thing at a time and you'll get there!

Debbi said...

Gorgeous, Wendy! What a nice gift it will make for someone special.
Hope your mojo comes back soon.
*smiles*
debbi

Kerri said...

I love your gift card holder! Great dp and that little tree is super cute:) Good luck getting everything done! I have been crazy busy myself!

Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy, this gift card holder is so stunning girl!! LOVE the Christmas tree tag hanging and colors!! Beautiful design!! HUGS

Shirl said...

What a great gift card holder, I like the little tree tag hanging on the front! :)

Sannie said...

Wow, I think there is enough left over mojo in you to create something so lovely. It’s really great, and I love the little Christmas tree.
Greetzz Sannie

Christina said...

A gorgeous card Wendy! Love the green!
Hugs Kristel

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Wendy!! I just love this gift card holder, your paper and colors! There is nothing wrong with your mojo girl! I really do love this.
hugs,
Chris

Pattie said...

Super sweet Wendy! I love that dp you used!

Unknown said...

Christmas gift card holder is easy to make. these card holders looks good in display. one you shared here is looking beautiful.
card holders

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...