Saturday, February 5, 2011

Kid's Valentine Coupons


Good Saturday Morning Everyone!

Remember THIS POST where I told you guys about my plans for Valentines for my kiddo's this year?
Well here are the coupons that I've made to put inside their mailboxes each day leading up to Valentines.  They will also get a few pieces of candy and a small trinket type toy.  We started on the 1st of February and I can tell you that this has been a BIG HIT!!!  :)

Here's a photo of their chair-backer mailboxes.



I was able to use this weeks Sweet Stop Sketch which was so easy and was the perfect layout for my Valentine coupons.  



The images are all from Whimsie Doodles, Mini Valentines.  I totally ADORE these.  They are perfect kids Valentine images and I'm sure I will put them to use again when they start school.  I've made 14 of them but decided I would just show you a few so that you could get the idea of the variety.  Oh, I should also mention that these are NOT cards as they do not open, I guess you could say they are more like postcards.  They are each 5"x 4".




I hope you will stop by the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge blog and see for yourself the gorgeous samples the talented DT girls have for you.  

There will also be a Customer Blog Hop starting Friday, February 11th.  And if you play along you will receive a free Sweet 'n Sassy digital stamp plus be eligible for a $25 Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps spending spree.   Click HERE for more details.  


Challenges:
PaperPlay Challenges = #5 Stamp it out
Wild Orchid = #16 Love is...
Pennys Challenges = #46 Hearts a Flutter
AllSorts = #89 It Must be Love Love
Stampin for the weekend = #3 St. Valentines Day
Stamp Something = Feb Digi Day
Really Reasonable Ribbon = #17 Pink, Red, White
The Secret Crafter = #120 Valentine
Card Makin' Mamas = #14 Valentines
Simon Says Stamp = Love is in the air


Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Wendy

Supplies:

*  Paper: Reminisce (Love Letters)
*  Ribbon: Various Unknown
*  Punch:  EK Success (Arrow Border)
*  Nestabilities:  Lacey Circle & Circle
*  Font: Computer Generated (Aramis Regular)
*  Misc:  Foam Tape
*  Copics:  R85, R83, R81, YG25, YG23, YG13, YG03, YG01, R20, R00, R29, R27, R24, R14,
                        BG75, BG72, BG10, C3, C2, C1

32 comments:

Shelby Goolsby said...

These are adorable!! Such a great idea, I am sure your kids are having a blast.

martina's kaartjes said...

wow ! what fantastic !!! superb !
greetings, martina
x

Kristel said...

Wowww these are gorgeous creations Wendy!!
Hugs Kristel

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, you went to TOWN with the sketch. These are all wonderful, and such a GREAT idea to make them card front coupons for the kiddos. Such a FUN idea!!

Dawn Easton said...

Wendy! These are adorable and sure to bring big smiles to their faces! Brilliant idea!!! Fabulous creations girl!

dolcreations said...

You won't believe this, but I bought all the fabric to make these! I struggled a little so I put it away! You have totally inspired me to bring them back out and try again. I love your little coupons...such a wonderful, fantastic idea! Where did you get your pattern from,maybe it is a little easier.

Carol L said...

I LOVE the mailboxes you made for your kiddos, and the card/coupons you made for them are adorable! What a fun way for them to learn how making cards can bring such pleasure and fun to the recipient!

Wendy ten Hove said...

They are so cute and love the idea! And the mailboxes on the chairs are fun! Hope you are enjoying the weekend!!
Hugs, Wendy

Paula said...

These are an amazing idea - thought that when you first posted. Your little ones have a lovely Mum & what you do with them is really special - it's such a privilege seeing your little family projects & the love reflected therein.
Paula (PEP)

Courtney said...

Wendy these are adorable! What a clever idea! Thanks for playing along with our “Hearts a Flutter” Challenge this week at Penny’s. Good Luck!

Courtney~

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous Valentine themed creation thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

Mummylade said...

what a fabulous idea, I bet they totally love it! I'm so glad you joined the SFTW and Allsorts challenges with these creations, good luck!

Curlybear said...

Wow Beautiful card, and fabulous design and layout,

thanks for sharing with us at Secret Crafter: 120 Valentines

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :) x.
SCSC DT

scrapn_momof2 said...

These are totally adorable Wendy! What a creative and fun idea with the coupons. One that I am sure your kids will love!!

Have you seen thew new Whimsie Doodle release that was yesterday? Specifically the Bingo cards that uses images from this set and the other? They are too cute. I purchased it for my daycare kids to play at our Valentine's party. I can not remember how old your babes are but it is a cute set.

Deirdre said...

What a neat idea... so great for kids. Bet they are a huge hit.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our "Stamp it Out" Challenge. ♥

Manuela said...

Hi.
These are beautiful. Great idea to make it as a coupon.
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Challenges.
Manuela

Faye said...

Oh Wendy, these are so very, VERY cute. xxx

Kate said...

These are wonderful, Wendy! What a fun way to share your love with your children!! What great mailboxes, too!!

Kerri said...

Oh my goodness, girl, these are seriously Sooooo CUTE!!! Love this idea!

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh, wow! These are just the cutest!!! I love each and every one of them! Great job!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin' Mamas on our Valentine Challenge! Good Luck!
Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

Debs said...

Oh Wow these are just fantastic and such a fabulous idea!
Thanks for sharing the love with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Lori said...

Wendy what a fun idea, I love it!!! Love ALL of your cards!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh Wendy!! THESE ARE ALL JUST ADORABLE!! LOVE your take on the sketch and your designs are too sweet!! Each and every one!! ;) HUGS

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So pretty!

Thanks for joining our "Valentine" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Berenice R. said...

So nice creations! Thanks for sharing :)

~Jeri~ said...

How adorable Wendy!! I'm sure your kiddos are loving their mail days!! Heck I'm wishing I was one of them lol Your lil coupons are awesome and I'll have to file these away. Hopefully one day I'll have some little grands running around.

Don't forget to enter this cute creation over at Craft Us Crazy ;O)

TaraG said...

WOWZERS! Wendy, this is absolutely fabulous and sooooo creative! I lOVE the coupons they are just too cute for words and the Mailboxes are GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp with your beautiful project for our Love is in the Air Challenge!
Hugs,t

elsi67 said...

What a fantastic idea! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

True :) said...

WoW! You have been busy! :)
Your projects are all adorable!

Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
Hugs,
True :D

Fleur said...

Gorgeous creations and a fantastic idea
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow! You sure aced that sketch!! All your cards are darling. Each unique and creative!
hugs,
Chris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...