Friday, January 28, 2011

YNS CHA Release Blog Hop


Welcome to the Your Next Stamp 
CHA Release BLOG HOP!

We are so excited here at YNS because Karen has taken YNS to CHA for the very first time! That's right, as you're reading this Karen will be at Winter 2011 CHA at booth #4518! WOO-HOO!!

So to celebrate this event, YNS is releasing some fab new YNS stamps just in time for CHA. You may have already caught a sneak peek of some of them last week over at the Scrapbook & Cards Today blog, but today you get to see all 9 World Kids stamps plus a fabulous new Celebrate Collection from HR Designs and 7 new mini stamps.

These new stamps are available to buy right now from the Your Next Stamp store along with all your YNS favourites.

Of course we couldn't let this release pass by without having a fun blog hop! We also have 4 fabulous guests joining us for our hop - the amazing Tori Wild, Cindy Haffner, Carole Burrage and Maylee Pham!

If you would like to participate in the hop and you didn't arrive here from Carole's blog, please CLICK HERE to return to the start of the hop at Kerri's blog, as you don't want to miss these fab new releases!

The hop starts today (28 January 2011 at 08:00 EST) and ends on 2 February 2011 at midnight EST.

As always here at Your Next Stamp, we have a wonderful prize for you to win! One lucky winner will be drawn at random from the links in the linky list to receive their choice of 3 of the new World Kids stamps!

You will see that every stop along the hop has a linky list - this is the SAME linky list posted on every blog, so that you can enter the prize draw from any stop (although we hope you will visit all the blogs on today's hop!). The linky will update itself on everyone's blog when a link is entered - how cool is that? Please remember to only enter your name ONCE into the linky list during the hop - you do NOT need to enter your name at every stop and multiple entries will be removed. It's not a requirement for you to comment at every stop along the hop to be eligible to be entered into the prize draw, but the DT would sure love to hear what you think of their new release creations!


I soooo love this little girl.  She's China and since next week (Feb 3rd) is the Chinese New Year, I decided to make this a Happy New Year card.  I thought the dotted background looked like fireworks when I was finished so that's how the idea was born.  :)

Challenges:
Paper Play Challenges = #4 Layer it Up
Do You Stack Up = #4 Patterned Paper
Some Odd Girl = Scallops Galore
Wild Orchid = #15 Let's Get Sentimental
Copic Creations = #42 What's New (New Stamp)
Southern Girls Challenge = Dry Embossing
Pennys Challenges = #45 Anythings Goes

The close up shows better how she is colored in Asian skin tones.


My next card was made using India.  Since my children are half Indian, this sweet image is close to my heart!!
I paper pieced her Sari and sash and used a tiny aqua blue gem for her bindi.  I know that a red bindi means you're married, but I'm not sure what blue means.  I love her little bracelets too!!  


Here's a close up showing her darker skin tone.  I think she looks like my Mother In Law as a little girl!!!  :)


Okay, that's it from me.  
Hope you have enjoyed my DT samples.


Here is a complete blog hop list in hopping order:



So now it's time for you to hop on over to Karen's blog as she is the last stop on our hop, but I'd love it if you left me a comment before you go!

I hope you enjoy our new release!

Wendy





38 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wendy these are amazing I am especially drawn to the the darling China girl and how you surrounded her in spots it looks as if confetti is raining on her!

Paula said...

These are both delightful & i love how much thought you have put into them - it is true that it is the detail that makes or breaks a project. I love the way you've used traditional colours for the Chinese girl & your whole post sent me scurrying into a Grammar of Ornament for colours & images - you've given me an amazing idea. Shall investigate further. My favourite is the little Indian girl with all the patterns & colours you've used in this brilliant.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Crystal said...

WOW Wendy you really made these images come to life, WOW these are totally gorgeous!

Danderella said...

Wendy, these are both great images. I just love how you coloured the black hair...I'm still working on that and will definitely be consulting your pictures for some guidance. The paper piecing is fabulous and I just love the dotted background. You're right, it does look loke fireworks and really makes the image pop off the paper. Fabulous!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wendy love your coloring, FABULOUS.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

My goodness! These are truly fantastic -- such gorgeous details and thought went into each card. Color me blown away! You are super, super talented!

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Hi Wendy! You know how much I adore this stunning creations! Thank you for sending me these fabulous cards for my CHA display! Everyone will LOVE them!!!
Hugs
Karen

WencheP said...

WOW! I love your card, their both amazing. Beautiful images and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Denise and Louise said...

Two beautiful cards. Love the papers and the images and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at DYSU - Denise

Anne Marie said...

Fabulous cards! Your coloring rocks!

Ciacchina said...

bellissime! la scelta delle carte è azzeccatissima! belli anche i colori e i particolari

~Jeri~ said...

WOW! Stunning and amazing Wendy!! I love the colors, details and papers you used in both of the cards. Just beautiful!!!

Caroline said...

Wendy!! I loe the little China girl card!! Soo Sweet!!

Peggysue said...

Wow, your challenge card is fabulous! That background paper is TDF and I love the dots around the girl. Super coloring too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at DYSU. Please join us again next week!

Miranda said...

both cards are wonderful Wendy, but my fav is the China girl, the DP you've used is great, your colouring is very very nice
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

Maylee said...

These are absolutely AMAZING! Beautiful coloring and design, I love them both!!

Pattie said...

Wow - gorgeous coloring of these adorable images Wendy! Love how you colored their hair especially!

princesskitten said...

they are wonderful - those papers are stunning

kitten DYSU team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Wendy, these are both gorgeous!! I just adore your coloring and the paper piecing is perfect on the second one. Gorgeous layouts and papers! STUNNING girl!
hugs,
Chris

I sent out your package today...you should get it shortly.

JLJ Designs said...

Sweet cards! I love the glitter.

Jennifer

Jo said...

I love both of these cards! They are truly wonderful. Your colouring is awesome! Thanks for joining in the fun at DYSU this week. Hope to see you next week!

Kerri said...

Man, I wish I could color hair like you! I just can't get those whispy strokes down:) These are both FABULOUS, and the colors and dp you chose are just perfect! Have a wonderful weekend!

Debc06 said...

I love them both the colors are so crisp. wish i could do that.
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine at hotmail dot com

Vaktmästarn said...

Your cards are adorable! Love your choice of backgrounds.

Outi x

Kim Sonksen said...

Love your colouring!
Thanks for playing with us at http://someoddgirl.blogspot.com/

bosenberries said...

fab colouring and texture! Thanks for playing with Some Odd Girl, Robin f.

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful cards with gorgeous coloring :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

FrancineB said...

Both of your girls are simply adorable! I love how they take center stage and brings a smile to your face when you look at them.

elsi67 said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing with us at WOC♥

Janna said...

Hi Wendy! Absolutely beautiful! These images are awesome and sweet. Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU this week! Janna

Liz's creative corner said...

Aw these are gorgeous, thanks for joining us at paperplay, hugs Liz xx

Kate said...

What gorgeous, gorgeous cards, Wendy!! Your colouring always blows me away. I love your details - right down to the little bindi and bracelets!

Tracy V. said...

WOw! I don't know how I missed these but I did! SOOOOOO cute! Love the colors you picked to go along with it too! Tracy

Viv said...

Wow! Two gorgeous cards and your embossing and paper piecing is fab. Cute images too!
Thanks for playing at Southern Girls.
Viv :)

Trina said...

I saw these over the weekend and had to come back to tell you how stinkin' adorable both of these cards are! I love all of the details, and your coloring is fabulous!!

karenw said...

These girls are so sweet! and the coouring is supurb. Love them so much..

thanks for playing with us at southern girls. x

marilyn scott said...

Wow, that was soo cute! Love your new year wishes. There are elements of cuteness as well as festivity on it. thanks!

xoxox Marilyn @
http://easyday.snydle.com/new-year-wishes.html

Sandra Cooper said...

Beautiful cards! The layout and designs are awesome. My warmest new year greetings to you and your family. May you have a prosperous new year.

Sandra Cooper xxxx
Eazyday.blog.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...