Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Challenge Yourself!!

This is my 2nd Post today...scroll down for my YNS Challenge Project.


It's a new challenge at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog.  
Our challenge this week 
~ Challenge Yourself
(try a new technique or something you need practice on)

Well, these type of challenges always stress me out.  LOL  So I decided awhile back to jot down in my blogging/stamping notebook different techniques or projects that I'd like to try.  The first thing on the list was an Acetate card.  I have to say this was so FUN and I'd love to make more of these.  But a word of warning if you've never made one of these before....Use a heavy and sturdy acetate sheet.  I used a regular transparency sheet and it is too flimsy to hold itself up.  (By a miracle it stood up long enough for me to take photos, LOL)

Here's a side view...


I also had planned on this being a Valentine card, but this was one of those cards that just made itself so I decided to let it be.  LOL  The image is The Greeting Farm's, Cheeky Cherry Pie.  She's new to me and I couldn't wait to use her right away!!  She was ton's of fun to color.  I've placed her on the outside/front of the card along with the rub-on flourish, half pearls and sentiment.  And while the inside circle was still in the die, I sponged it with ink and then embossed it.  Another new technique...for me anyways ... and I love the way it came out.  :)  A little Shimmerz on her headband and her eyeshadow for a little fun.

Challenges:
Wild Orchids = #15 Lets get Sentimental




I hope you'll find the time to try something new and join in our challenge!!  You will be sure to find awesome design team samples to inspire you too!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Wendy

Supplies

* The Greeting Farm ~ Cheeky Cherry Pie
* My Mind's Eye ~ Laundry Line (Sentiment, Rub-on & DP)
* Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
* Recollections Half Pearls
* Cuttlebug Embossing Folder ~ Swiss Dots
* Copic's

17 comments:

Tracy V. said...

Hey girlie! She came out super cute...love the hair especially!! You are rockin' those copics! Love the acetate card, I haven't done one of those in forever, might have to give it a try!
Tracy

Tracy V. said...

Btw, I am scrolling away, but there is NO Yns project!! ;-((

scrapn_momof2 said...

Too stinking cute! TGF stamps are some of my favorites and I have been eyeballing this one for some time. You totally rocked her!!!

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

This is beautiful, Wendy! Wow, her hair is stunning!!

~Jeri~ said...

Very pretty Wendy!! Love the coloring on the image and the papers are awesome! The embossing is perfect..another wonderful card! Will have to add this to my list of techniques to try =o)

Kristel said...

This is truly gorgeous Wendy! Looks great!
Hugs Kristel

Paula said...

I love your colouring of her hair & vivacity you've coloured into her face. Your idea with the image on the acetate & the panel behind is brilliant - there;'s so much depth in it. Must start keeping a notebook.......another good idea of yours! Super fun this one. I heartily sympathise about cards making themselves - you just have to let them do what they want, always works out best that way, othwerwise the card becomes a battleground & somehow you can always see it yourself!
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Super Cute Wendy. Your coloring of her with the highlights is absolutely beautiful! What an awesome use of acetate!!
hugs,
Chris

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

WOW! LOVE how you colored her hair!! Gorgeous!!

Faye said...

Wow, this gorgeous, gorgeous card actually made me gasp. I want to make cards like you!! How did you get that texture in the hair? xxx

Anita said...

Oh, this is sooo cute Wendy. I love that image and she's (of course) colored beautifully. I love the embossing. Looks like I've found a couple new things I need to try out lol!

Kate said...

Oh WOW!!! This is amazing!! Wendy, I am SO impressed with this card! I've never made a transparency card before. I'll have to write it down on my own list of things to try! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Diana Sears said...

oh very cute, I love the way you colored her. very good job

Shelby Goolsby said...

Great card Wendy!! I love the acetate idea and the sentiment and image are adrorable. Hugs, Shelby

Brandie said...

Love the card and your detail on your coloring!

Caroline said...

Love your card Wendy!! It turned out great, even if it does need a littel help stanind up ;-). When I'm tring a new technique I always hold my breath - it seems I have to make a conscious effort to breathe, lol, so I know how you feel. The image is priceless and coloured so beautifully and I love the papars you chose too!

Stampin Mindy said...

Beautiful coloring and I love the colors. Gorgeous card!

Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this challenge!

Hugs, Mindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...