Monday, October 25, 2010

Brooke Colors My World!!


It's our 1st Challenge at the Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge Blog!!
It's a new monthly challenge blog where you can use any Elisabeth Bell illustrated image regardless of company.  This month we'd like to see you make a 

This is by far my most favorite project ever.  Maybe because it was made for my baby girl...who will undoubtably destroy it, but it has been making her soooo happy for the last few days.  I've never made a 3x3 Note Card Box (and still haven't...mine's a 4x4) so I was looking forward to the challenge.  After giving it some thought I really don't have a use for cards that size nor did I really have an image that was small enough to use either.  I've been wanting to use this Little Suzanne image FOREVER and just hadn't had the chance to yet.  So she was the starting point in where my project was going to go.  

Everyday that I sit down to create a card or color, my little Brooke is either in my lap (Yeah, I don't know how I color either, LOL) or she's pushing me out of my chair so she can SEE better!!  She is unbelievably charming (and the cutest thing EVER) that's near impossible to scold her or be upset with her about anything!!  She saw the Little Suzanne image sitting on my table and asked if that was her coloring!!!  LIGHTBULB!!!

Here's is my Brookie's Coloring Box!


Is this not just the cutest thing?!?!?

It holds an entire box of 16 count Crayola crayons AND I printed out a bunch of Elisabeth Bell Digital images for her to color onto 4x4 sheets of cardstock.  I've never seen a Note Card Box designed for this purpose so I was very proud of creating something NEW!!! Yay Me!!  LOL  :)

I don't tend to use very many embellishments on my projects, so I really surprised myself when I was designing the top/lid of the box that I just kept adding and adding things!!  The bow is actually adhered to a chipboard dress and there's a bling flourish on the bottom corner too.

Poor Nathan... he wants a crayon box too!!  You would have thought I just gave Brooke a car with the way he was so upset.  (Rookie Mom mistake giving one kid something and not including the other, LOL)  So you'll be seeing Nathan's Crayon box very soon.  LOL :)

If you're interested in creating a 4x4 size Note Card Box here are the adjustments to the tutorial that you can find HERE.  

Box Base: 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" cardstock scored at 2" on all sides
Box Lid: 7 5/8" x 7 5/8" scored at 1 1/2" on all sides (Then use border punch along sides)
Box Lid Cover: 6 5/8" x 6 5/8" scored at 1" on all sides

Challenges:
Totally Gorjuss = #53 Sparkle
Sweet Stampin' = #49 Anything but a card
Wild Orchid = #8 Pastels


Copic's Used:
Shirt: R85, R83, RV000, YG23
Pants: B24, B23, B21, Colorless Blender to "fade"
Socks: R83, RV000
Bow: YG17, TG23, YG01
**Hair**: E35, E31, Y23, E30
Skin: E21, E11, E00, E50, R00
Background: W3, W1, BG0000

Oh, I almost forgot...I also don't tend to color my images with blond hair because I'm never happy with the results and anyone's color combo's I've ever tried looked to "fake/yellow" to me when I do it.  But I finally came up with a combo that works for me!!  (Watch, now everyone will be blond that I color, LOL)

Thought I would share a funny picture I took of my two monkeys this morning, LOL




Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Wendy
Recipe:
Stamp: Little Suzanne (SCACD)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & VersaMagic Chalk Ink (Pixie Dust)
Bling Flourish: Recollections
Nestibilities: Scalloped Square
DP: My Mind's Eye (Penny Lane)
Ticket: Tim Holtz
Doily: Wiltons
Ribbon: Unknown
Chipboard Dress: American Crafts

33 comments:

nicolet said...

Your box is really sweet!!
Greetings Nicolet

Pati said...

Hi Wendy

Congratulations on your Note Card Box. Your colouring is great and this image matches perfectly to the crayons. What an ingenious idea.
Well done!

BIG hugs and take care
Pati

alicaz said...

adorable! Great idea and wonderful coloring!
I made a similar set for my DD, but I made complete cards for her where she just needs to color the image ;)

Shelby Goolsby said...

What a cute box and such a great idea! You do a great job coloring while holding a little one, I always give up:)I love your hair combo, I have the same problem, I have tried about 20 blond combos and only really like one.
Hugs,
Shelby

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

This is adorable! Your colouring is gorgeous, as always!! If my kids were younger, I'd make this for them, too... Maybe I still will, but on cardstock for my daughter to have her own image stash to make cards with :)

scrapn_momof2 said...

First of all, your two monkeys are just adorable!

Secondly, I love this little box!! Perfect image for this project and your coloring as always......amazing!

Pattie said...

I have to have this image! So cute! I love your coloring (as always) and you did a fabby job with the blonde hair! Great little gift! And, your monkeys are adorable!
Hugs,
Pattie

Kristel said...

A gorgeous box you made there!! And what a lovely childeren!
Hugs Kristel

Kerri said...

What a fun and fabulous idea! That image is ADORABLE! I think I may need it:) Love the pic of your little monkeys too! Super cute!

Wendy ten Hove said...

The box you made is sooo much fun! And that photo, oeh, so cute and funny!! Ha ha!!
Hugs, Wendy

Netty said...

Soooo cute (both the box and the bananas photo!) I love the colouring too. Just perfect.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your pictures of your darlings!! Too cute!! The box is stunning with the sweet image. Your coloring is beautiful!!
hugs,
Chris

Mary J said...

Hello Wendy! Wow, this is amazing - your colouring is fantastic!!


Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss - I hope you can share more of your inspiration with us at our next challenge!

Have a lovely week!

Crystal said...

This is soooo sweet, LOVE LOVE your box set!!!! GREAT papers and super fun colors..beautiful girl!!! Your pic is precious too!!!!

Lynda Nielsen said...

What a beautiful job you did, and even gave us your own tutorial on this crayon box. I absolutely LOVE your idea. I am sure your little Brooke will have a ball with these crayons, and coloring her very own images. Too Cute. I can't wait to see what you'll do for Nathan.
Adorable picture of them talking on bananas... LOL
Big Hugs,
Lynda

Danderella said...

Wendy, I totally get the blond haird dilemma, but I love this combo it looks fabulous...the whole thing is just gorgeous! I love that you changed it and made it your own.

And, your kids are totally adorable!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Oh my word, your coloring is seriously AMAZING!!...Love Love LOVE this box. It's the CUTEST!

Faye said...

Your blonde hair looks great, I may steal the combo. This gorgeous project MUST have stressed you out?! I would've been crying, I'm sure of it! This is just totally fabby though, I love it and loved reading about your family! xxx

Anita said...

Wendy, your little monkeys are sooo cute! Your project is fantastic. The image is colored beautifully and I love your embellies. It's no surprise that your little girl loves it...and your little boy wants one lol! I may have to give this a try for my 5yo grandson.

Paula said...

I absolutely love your idea & your last pic of the children is a real treasure. maybe one day you can add another photo of Brooke colouring with the box you've given her & keep it until she's older. It will be interesting to see what direction she takes in terms of career. Your colouring of the image is superb too - I'm always on the lookout for images with artist themes.
Paula (PEP)

Kat said...

What a sweet image. Love your little box too. Thanks for sharing it with us at TG this week.

Kat x

CraftyC said...

Wow Wendy, I love your crayon box. Its totally gorgeous and what a cute gift.Thanks for joining us this week at the Sweet Stampin Challenge!
Clairexx

Janiel/ janny/scrappyjan said...

OH Wendy, THis is a fab project dear!!! I loved reading your story about your little ones.
THank you for all of your hard work and big big hugs, Janiel

Brandie said...

Let me know when you have them ready to sell I want one!!!

Fiona said...

Wendy...this is just too cute...that image is adorable and your colouring is amazing as always!! I will be zooming for some tips!! Your 2 wee monkeys look like angels!!

Fi
x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Absolutely adorable set Wendy...and such a great idea!
Sorry you lost your 'Mother of the Year' award in the process though!!! Lol Can't wait to see the next set...but perhaps not as much as Nathan!! ^.^

Grenouille Greetings said...

Such a pretty treat box and lovely colour work. Thank you very much for participating in our Sweet Stampin challenge this week. Warmest wishes, Lesley ps, love your childrens new b-phones - could put i-phones out of business!

Kate said...

What a fabulous box! My kids never had anything so gorgeous for their crayons. You did a fantastic job with all the details! I can't wait to see what you make for Nathan too!

~Jeri~ said...

Ok Wendy...you've done it! This is just tooooo awesome!! What a perfect image for the perfect project!! I love doing boxes and what a great idea to use one for. This little image is just adorable and fits your princess perfectly!! I can't wait to see your princes box!

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous creation with beautiful papers and nice details! Thanks for joining us for our WOC challenges :)
Hugs, Lena K

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Wendy I am so glad to be back visiting my friends again I have missed so much, I have been looking at all your wonderful creations they are so beautiful and this little box set has really triggered my imagination I must have a go at making one of these. I do love your colouring of the image it is superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Caroline said...

WOW, how did I miss this??? I love the box and would love to make one!!! Just have to make time!! Thanks for posting your measurements, I think I'd like the 4x4 size as well. Your embellishments are lovely and the hair turned out awesome!!

Caroline

P.S. Thanks for always posting your copic colours as well :-)

Cyndi S said...

This box is gorgeous. I may have to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.
cstephenson at q dot com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...