Sunday, August 15, 2010

Paper Sundaes - Recipe


Good Morning!  Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday.
Paper Sundaes challenge this week is a recipe.
2 DP, 3 Buttons & 4 Flowers

Our Sponsor this week is 

And I have used A Girl and Her Overalls. Isn't she adorable?!?! 
  I was going to try my friend Annika's tutorial on coloring clouds with Copics, but wasn't brave enough.  If you'd like to try here's her tutorial.  Instead I used a piece of the scallop border punch and chalk ink to create the sky. This was my 1st time trying this technique and I really love the way it turned out.  The photo doesn't do it justice.  It's really more dimensional looking in real life.  I added a little Shimmerz to her hairbows, hearts and the ladybugs.

I've got to run...my family spent the whole day at the beach yesterday with my parents along with my sister and her family.  I'm super tired today.   We had a blast, it was Nathan and Brooke's first time going to the beach.  Can't believe that summer is almost over.  Hope you and your family are enjoying the last little bit of summer together.  xoxo

Challenges:

Stampin B's = #71 Create a scene (I created the clouds, LOL)
Colour Create = #51 Ivory, Duck Egg Blue & One Other Color (Green)
Simon Says Stamp Summertime Blues
Lil Red Wagon = #41 Summer Theme
Fab n' Funky = #35 Use your favorite colors
The Secret Crafter = #96 What Are Little Girls Made Of
Wild Orchids = #3 One For The Girls


Copics Used:
Skin: E11, E00, E50, R00, R35, R85
Hair/Shoes: E29, E35, E31, E50
Overalls: YG17, YG23, YG03, YG00, C3
Shirt/Flowers: BG75, BG72, BG10
Hairbows/Hearts: YR18, YR14, YR12
Ladybugs: Y17, Y13, Y11
Grass: G20, YG17, YG23, YG03


Thanks for taking the time to stop by!
Wendy
Recipe:
Stamp: Meljen's Designs (A girl and her overalls) Digital
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black) and VersaMagic chalk ink (Aspen Mist)
Sentiment: PTI (Mailbox Greetings)
DP: DCWV (The Green Stack)
Border Punch: Fiskars (Scalloped)
Accessories: Shimmerz (Pixie Dust), Pearls (Basic Grey), Flowers (Prima) Buttons (from my stash)

24 comments:

SemSee said...

Gorgeous card, Wendy! Fab colouring! Can you send me a quick email at semsee at ymail dot com please as I'm trying to send you YNS DT stuff and I keep getting failure notices telling me "It contains keywords rejected by the antispam content filter". Thanks huns! Hugs, Simonne x

alicaz said...

wonderful! amazing coloring and I love the sky too!

Sammye Jo said...

VERY cute girl!

fi's cards and crafts said...

wonderful card and amazing colouring.

Fi
x

Crystal said...

I LOVE your card! The papers, layout & colouring are perfect & I will definitely be checking out the tutorial on the sky background! Looks fantastic! Happy Sundae :)

Paula said...

I do like your clouds - will have to try scallop paper option - I'm not brave enough for the other one either.
Hope you manage some rest. I love Meljen's Designs & have a couple I won in rubber so shall bear the clouds in mind.
Paula(PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Wow, Wendy, what an incredible card! Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous! Love the way the sky turned out, too! Fabulous!

Tracy V. said...

Wendy, First CONGRATS on the new DT!! Aren't you excited! I am! I was sooooo happy to see my name last night! She's got 2 floridians now! Second, this card is adorable. Your coloring is awesome! Love the shading...esp on the hair and shoes. Very nice!!

cindy said...

Awesome coloring. I'm just speechless, it's that good.

Pattie said...

Oh you know I love that cloud background and the bright green overalls - you colored her perfectly! Such a great job - I love it!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Wendy,

What a wonderful card! This stamp is so happy-looking, it's great, with all the lines around it!! Love the colors and the paper that you used with it!! The clouds are lovely!!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Kerri said...

Oh that image is so CUTE!!! Your coloring looks AMAZING, and fab job with the clouds! Glad you had a fun weekend:)

Benzi said...

Totally adorable. Your clouds look great and your coloring is fab. So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week.

Joanne said...

Beautiful coloring and such a fun image! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, fab colours and adorable image.
luv
Debby

Emma H said...

Your colouring is fabulous, I'd love to see what you could do with clouds! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

Pattie said...

Wendy - this card is featured over at Little Red Wagon - go check it out!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oooh I love how vibrant this is!! The colors are fabulous, as is the coloring!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Lindsey said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week x

{Jane} said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Vicky said...

Lovely card, such a pretty design, love the effect with the clouds....

Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC
x
Vicky

Emma said...

AQn adorable card, gorgeous image and love the colours.
Hugs Emma x

Sharon said...

Wendy your colouring of this adorable image is just awesome! I love the cloud background it looks fantastic. Beautiful card.

Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge this week.

Sharon x

Kate said...

I LOVE that blue/green combo. And your colouring always impresses me beyond words. Great job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...